How to delete your browsing history in Internet Explorer 9
Windows Internet Explorer 9 stores the following types of information when you browse the web:
- Temporary Internet files.
- A history of the websites you’ve visited.
- Information that you’ve entered into websites or the Address bar, such as your name, address, and the website addresses that you’ve visited before.
- Saved web passwords.
- Temporary information stored by browser add-ons.
To delete all or some of your browsing history
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button . In the search box, typeInternet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
Click the Tools button , point to Safety, and then click Delete browsing history. If you don’t want to delete the cookies and files associated with websites in your favorites list, select the Preserve Favorites website data check box.
- Select the check box next to each category of information you want to delete.
- Click Delete.